Ideal for new clerks or those seeking a refresher session for up-to-date guidance.
Topics covered include:
- The structure of a parish council
- Roles within the council – councillors, chair and clerk
- Agenda setting, notices, summons, meetings, minutes
- Actions outside meetings
- Planning as a meeting item
- Committees and sub-committees
- Powers and duties, Section 137, General Power of Competence
- Governance – annual return, audit, budgeting, risk assessment
- Code of Conduct.
£40 per delegate (member rate) £80 per delegate (non-member rate)
FREE for delegates from member councils with enhanced subscription rate
Held at DALC Offices, Cromford
10am - 1pm
All bookings by email are to be sent to Glen Ingham at email@example.com
Please ensure that you have the council's agreement when booking a place, and that you are also following your council's own procedures.
All booked places will be confirmed with your Clerk.
Please note that sessions will only be run if there are sufficient bookings (usually from at least six delegates). Joining instructions will be sent two weeks (or more) before the event, and your booking is made as soon as we receive it (unless you are informed otherwise). Please note our cancellation policy (below).
If you wish to cancel your booking please give at least two weeks notice to avoid your Council being charged in full. In the event of any emergency on the day please telephone the office.