Draycott and Church Wilne Parish Council - Clerk to the Council and Responsible Financial Officer, 18 hours per week
Draycott and Church Wilne Parish Council is a substantial and very active Parish Council in Derbyshire. There are 11 Councillors.
The Council has achieved Quality status in the Local Council Award Scheme.
It owns and maintains; - Draycott Cemetery, Playing Fields, Leisure Green and St Chad's Water LNR and acts as sole Trustee of the Draycott Millennium Green Trust.
The Parish Council maintains a web-site.
The Clerk is the Proper Officer to the Parish Council. Duties include;
- The day to day management of the Parish Council's services and facilities
- Attendance at meetings, including preparation and distribution of agendas and minutes
- Carrying out decisions and resolutions made by the council
- Managing staff, payroll, finance and burial records
- Keeping accurate financial records, including preparation of monthly accounts, supplier payments and bank reconciliation
- Setting the council's budget, liaising with auditors, completing year end accounts and financial returns
- Maintaining the council's website
The successful candidate will have;
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Good IT skills
- An understanding of local government law and accounting practices
- Sector relevant qualification CiLCA (or be willing to achieve the CiLCA qualification for Local Council Clerks within the near future).
The Clerk will work on their own from the Parish Rooms, Elvaston Street, Draycott, Derbyshire.
A full driving licence will be desirable with expenses being paid for mileage undertaken on council business.
The Council will require the successful candidate to work 18 hours per week. The Clerk will be required to attend a monthly full Parish Council meeting held on the second Tuesday of every month (excluding August), plus ad hoc meetings as required.
Remuneration will be based on experience, but within the LC3 SCP 35 to 38, £30,785 to £33,437 pro rata to 18 hours.
A copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Application form can be downloaded from the Parish Council web-site www.draycottparishcouncil.org (News page) or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by application form with accompanying letter to the Clerk to the Council, Draycott and Church Wilne Parish Council, Parish Rooms, Elvaston Street, Draycott, Derby, DE72 3PY or by e-mail to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 9 March 2018