ONLINE Clerk Essentials
Delivered online via Zoom in two parts on separate days (see below for topics covered), our Clerks Essentials course is an ideal training programme for new clerks or those seeking a refresher course for up-to-date guidance.
Trainer: Wendy Amis
Delegate fee: £40 per part (£80 total) for members; £100 per part (£200) for non-members.
PART 1 topics:
* agenda setting, notices, summons, meetings, minutes
* key legislation
* the council as an employer
* committees and sub-committees
* planning as a meeting item
* the structure of a parish council
* roles within the council - councillors, chair and clerk
* standing orders
* councillor code of conduct
PART 2 topics:
* Annual return
* internal and external audit
* records retention
* FOI and GDPR
* Insurance and risk management
* Powers and duties, section 137
* General Power of Competence
BOOKING PROCEDURE: Please book your place prior to the event and also ensure that you have the council's agreement when booking a place, and that you are following your council's own procedures.
All bookings by email are to be sent to Glen Ingham at email@example.com
DALC will confirm all booked places with your Clerk along with detailed joining instructions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Please note that sessions will only be run if there are sufficient bookings. Joining instructions will be sent two weeks before the event, and your booking is made as soon as we receive it (unless you are informed otherwise). Please note our cancellation policy (below).
If you wish to cancel your booking please give at least two weeks notice to avoid your Council being charged in full. In the event of any emergency on the day please telephone the office.