* UPDATE April 2020 - during the Coronavirus lockdown, training sessions will be held online via Zoom. Please contact us at DALC if you need more details about how to join these meetings - it's very easy! The course content will remain the same, delivered remotely by the same trainers, and with plenty of opportunity for interaction and Q&A.
This course is Ideal for new clerks or those seeking a refresher session for up-to-date guidance.
Topics covered include:
- The structure of a parish council
- Roles within the council – councillors, chair and clerk
- The council as an employer
- Key legislation
- Agenda setting, notices, summons, meetings, minutes
- Actions outside meetings
- Planning as a meeting item
- Committees and sub-committees
- Powers and duties, Section 137, General Power of Competence
- Annual return, audit, budgeting
- Standing Orders and Financial regulations
- Councillor Code of Conduct.
COST: from 1st April 2019 £50 per delegate, £120 per non-member delegate
FREE for up to 3 delegates from member councils with enhanced subscription rate
COURSE TUTOR: Wendy Amis, Chief Officer, DALC
BOOKING PROCEDURE: Please book your place prior to the event and also ensure that you have the council's agreement when booking a place, and that you are following your council's own procedures.
All bookings by email are to be sent to Glen Ingham at firstname.lastname@example.org
DALC will confirm all booked places with your Clerk along with detailed joining instructions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Please note that sessions will only be run if there are sufficient bookings. Joining instructions will be sent two weeks before the event, and your booking is made as soon as we receive it (unless you are informed otherwise). Please note our cancellation policy (below).
If you wish to cancel your booking please give at least two weeks notice to avoid your Council being charged in full. In the event of any emergency on the day please telephone the office.