Topics covered include:
- The structure of a parish council
- Roles within the council – councillors, chair and clerk
- The council as an employer
- Key legislation
- Agenda setting, notices, summons, meetings, minutes
- Actions outside meetings
- Planning as a meeting item
- Committees and sub-committees
- Powers and duties, Section 137, General Power of Competence
- Annual return, audit, budgeting
- Standing Orders and Financial regulations
- Code of Conduct.
COST: from 1st April 2019 £50 per delegate, £120 per non-member delegate
FREE for up to 3 delegates from member councils with enhanced subscription rate
COURSE TUTOR: Wendy Amis, Chief Officer, DALC
DATE, TIME and VENUE:
3rd June 2019, 6.00 - 8.30pm, DALC Office, Cromford
1st July 2019, 6.00 - 8.30pm, Draycott Parish Rooms
7th September 2019, 10.00am - 12.30pm, DALC Office, Cromford
30th September 2019, 6.00 - 8.30pm, Ashover Sports Pavilion
23rd October 2019, 6.00 - 8.30pm, New Mills Library
BOOKING PROCEDURE: Please book your place more than 2 weeks prior to the event and also ensure that you have the council's agreement when booking a place, and that you are following your council's own procedures.
All bookings by email are to be sent to Glen Ingham at firstname.lastname@example.org
DALC will confirm all booked places with your Clerk along with detailed joining instructions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Please note that sessions will only be run if there are sufficient bookings. Joining instructions will be sent two weeks before the event, and your booking is made as soon as we receive it (unless you are informed otherwise). Please note our cancellation policy (below).
If you wish to cancel your booking please give at least two weeks notice to avoid your Council being charged in full. In the event of any emergency on the day please telephone the office.