Interactive session with topics covered including:
- The structure of a parish council
- Roles within the council – councillors, chair and clerk
- The council as an employer
- Key legislation
- Agenda setting, notices, summons, meetings, minutes
- Actions outside meetings
- Planning as a meeting item
- Committees and sub-committees
- Powers and duties, Section 137, General Power of Competence
- Annual return, audit, budgeting
- Standing Orders and Financial regulations
- Code of Conduct.
COURSE TUTOR: Wendy Amis, Chief Officer, DALC
BOOKING PROCEDURE: Please book your place more than 2 weeks prior to the event and also ensure that you have the council's agreement when booking a place, and that you are following your council's own procedures.
All bookings by email are to be sent to Glen Ingham at email@example.com
DALC will confirm all booked places with your Clerk along with detailed joining instructions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Please note that sessions will only be run if there are sufficient bookings. Joining instructions will be sent one week before the event, and your booking is made as soon as we receive it (unless you are informed otherwise). Please note our cancellation policy (below).
If you wish to cancel your booking please give at least two weeks notice to avoid your Council being charged in full. In the event of any emergency on the day please telephone the office.