Code of Practice pre elections
Mon, 18 Nov 2019
For Councils signed up to the Tree Charter, application form for trees from the Woodland Trust. Completed form to be sent to the Woodland Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fri, 04 Oct 2019
Form to complete for the Council to sign up to the Tree Charter. To be returned on completion to NALC either directly or through DALC.
Fri, 04 Oct 2019
Grievance Policy Template to be used with LTN 22
Fri, 30 Aug 2019
Draft Agenda for the DALC 2019 AGM
Thu, 15 Aug 2019
An advanced qualification for local council officers who work with local communities.
The qualification has a number of benefits including being;
• Unique - targeted at local council officers
• Flexible - allows for specialist topics to be studied facilitating work-based learning
• Part-time - allows students to get a qualification while they work and features three 24-hour study days each year
• Supportive - student support is offered throughout the course in the form of an online learning environment, as well as a professional, experienced teaching team
Students can gain a Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE): Community Governance (Level 4), Foundation Degree: Community Governance (Level 5) or BA Hons: Community Governance (Level 6).
The Community Governance course is provided through De Montfort University (DMU), who were awarded Gold in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework and are an internationally recognised centre of excellence on local government.
Mon, 12 Aug 2019
Guidance on ensuring the Council is complying with the website and mobile accessory accessibility regulations
Wed, 03 Jul 2019
Support to Councillors to help them understand their obligations and commitments with public money - both generally and under the Transparency Code requirements.
Thu, 23 May 2019
Briefing for Parish/ Town Councils on CIL
Wed, 17 Apr 2019
Summary of the changes from 2018 in the Practitioner's Guide
Tue, 09 Apr 2019
Tue, 26 Mar 2019
DALC Summary of the report from the Committee on Standards in Public Life published January 2019.
Tue, 19 Mar 2019
Note on how to manage new arrangements with respect to VAT to ensure compliance
Mon, 11 Feb 2019
Latest circular with information on:
• Spring Seminar
• Preparations for a no-deal Brexit and local elections
• Final local government finance settlement
• Parliamentary Inquiry into ethical standards in local government published
• HR Advice on Short Service Contracts and Dismissals
• Open letter to Councillors from NALC Chair
• Great British Spring Clean 2019
• Arnold-Baker on Local Council Administration 11th Edition
Mon, 04 Feb 2019
Agenda for the 2019 Spring Seminar event at Willersley Castle, Cromford, on April 1st.
Thu, 31 Jan 2019
NALC's media release on the publication of the Parliamentary Inquiry into ethical standards in local government.
Wed, 30 Jan 2019
Letter from the Chair of NALC to all parish and town councillors
Thu, 24 Jan 2019
Employee's rights on a short term contract and how to avoid an employment tribunal
Mon, 21 Jan 2019
The elections timetable for the 2019 elections
Thu, 17 Jan 2019