HR Essentials and Appraisal Training
This workshop will look at
- how to conduct a good appraisal
- the importance in law of the Written Statement of Employment Particulars and of an employer's statutory duties such as minimum wage rules, statutory sick pay and holiday pay, working time rules, and the need for disciplinary and grievance procedures
- the statutory duties of the council and other responsibilities arising from equality legislation such as equal access for members of the public and equality in recruitment and in the management of employees, with reference to protected characteristics.
- the Clerk's role in response to Health and Safety legislation covering duties to employees, contractors, volunteers and others affected by the council's business and processes, and an understanding of risk assessments.
- When mediation is appropriate, and the processes involved
Course Tutor - Chris Moses, Managing Director of Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
£40 per delegate (member rate) £90 per delegate (non-member rate) tor up to 3 free delegate places for council's on the enhanced scheme
TIME AND VENUE:
This course runs from 10 - 1pm at DALC Offices, Cromford Mills
All bookings by email are to be sent to Glen Ingham at email@example.com
Please ensure that you have the council's agreement when booking a place, and that you are also following your council's own procedures.
All booked places will be confirmed with your Clerk.
Please note that sessions will only be run if there are sufficient bookings (usually from at least six delegates). Joining instructions will be sent two weeks (or more) before the event, and your booking is made as soon as we receive it (unless you are informed otherwise). Please note our cancellation policy (below).
If you wish to cancel your booking please give at least one weeks notice to avoid your Council being charged in full. In the event of any emergency on the day please telephone the office.