EYAM PARISH COUNCIL: Vacancy for Part-Time Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Overview: Eyam, located 7 miles south-east of Bakewell, is an historic village which attracts some 100,000 visitors per year. It has an electorate of around 770.
Eyam Parish Council invites applications for the post of Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer. The post covers a range of duties including preparation of agendas, minute-taking, acting on resolutions passed at meetings, answering correspondence, updating the Council's website, setting council budgets, keeping accurate financial records, banking, invoicing, and payment of accounts & wages.
Requirements and working arrangement: The Clerk must be able to work from home, for which an allowance will be paid. The normal working hours will be 28 hrs/month. Experience with Word and Excel is essential. The Parish Council meets 11 times per annum on the 4th Monday of each month starting at 7.30pm, and the Clerk must attend these meetings.
Any induction training required will be arranged through the Derbyshire Association of Local Councils, and the successful candidate will be encouraged to work towards obtaining the Certificate in Local Council Administration. Candidates with previous local government experience, including knowledge of the parish council sector, will be especially welcome.
Salary: A salary based on national scale points 18-23 (£12.98-£14.42* per hr) will be paid on a monthly basis, one month in arrears. (* annual increase pending)
Application and closing date: A letter of application, together with CV and names of two referees, should be sent to the (acting) Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17 January. Further details, including the job description, can be obtained by contacting Chairman, Ian Jackson, on 01433 630853 or the acting Clerk, Peter Leppard, on 07860 624453.
Stanley and Stanley Common Parish Council:
Part Time Clerk And responsible Financial Officer
Overview: The Clerk provides administrative and clerical support to the Council and as the Responsible Financial Officer is required to manage the Councils Finances.
Previous experience as a clerk would be an advantage but full training would be provided by DALC (Derbyshire Association of Local Councils) for the preferred candidate if required.
Duties will include:
- Managing the meetings for council including preparing the agenda, taking the minutes, monitoring actions and decisions.
- Providing support and professional guidance to councillors in all aspects of the Councils work.
- Ensuring the Council is up to date with policies, assessments, training, and data protection rules in line with national and local government guidelines.
- Ensuring planning applications are considered and responses are submitted to the Borough Council.
- Keeping the councils Website and media sites up to date.
- Informing Council of Government Grants .
- Managing the Parish Councils Finances, preparing of accounts and reconciliation, payment of
- invoices, banking, end of year accounts, submission of accounts for external audit, VAT reclaim, preparing for budget review and precept.
- Dealing with a variety of correspondence and public notices.
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good IT Skills, plus various systems such as office 365 word and spreadsheets.
- An understanding of basic accounting processes
- An Ability to understand and interpret local government law (An advantage but not essential)
- The ability to work alone and be self motivated.
- Knowledge of the villages and surrounding area would also be an advantage but not essential.
Working arrangement: Working from home plus attendance allowance at evening monthly Parish Council Meetings. Occasional attendance at meetings held with in the community. Part Time: Average 24 hours per month.
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications: NJC Scale (LC1 points 13 -17)
Hourly rate £11.76 per hour up to £12.73 per hour.
Clerk's Allowances: Travel & Subsistence: Travel within the parish is paid. The rate for 2021 is 45p per mile with in a 50mile radius of the parish and 22.5p per mile thereafter. (Or public transport cost, whichever is the least)
Home office Allowance (heating, lighting, phone, broadband); £216 per annum pro rata
A parish Mobile is provided.
Application: For full job description or further information please
Candidates are asked to submit a C.V. and letter of application to the H.R. Chair at either SandSCparish.councilHR@outlook.com, or post to the address below
265 Belper Rd, Stanley Common, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 6FY