ROWSLEY PARISH COUNCIL – CLERK/RFO VACANCY
Applications are invited for the position of Clerk and Responsible Officer to Rowsley Parish Council.
Outline of Job: The post is to provide professional support in all aspects of the Council's work and to undertake bookkeeping for the Village Hall.
Requirements: You will need to be computer literate, and competent in administration and basic bookkeeping. Also, be able to demonstrate good time management, organisational and communication skills.
Previous experience as a Clerk is desirable but not essential. There will be a full handover of duties and training and support will be provided to the successful applicant to help them carry out the post.
Working arrangements: The hours of work are flexible, mainly from your home, but also attending evening meetings in Rowsley. The Council normally meets the 4th Monday of every other month.
Salary: will be at NJC LC1 SCP 23 – 25 pro rata, depending upon experience. The hours of work will be 30 hours per month. There will also be an allowance for use of telephone, internet and use of home as office.
Application: Apply via covering letter and Curriculum Vitae, with the details of two people who can be contacted for references, please state whether, or not, they can be contacted prior to the interview process. Please email email@example.com for a copy of the job description and person specification.
Applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is 5th November 2018
Successful applicants will be shortlisted and invited for an interview in November 2018
For an informal chat about this position please contact the current Clerk, Sarah Porter on 01629 732365
TUPTON PARISH COUNCIL - PARISH CLERK/RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
Applications are invited for the post of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer for Tupton Parish Council
Outline of Job: The Clerk is the Proper Officer to the Parish Council. Duties include:
- Attendance at meetings - held the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7p.m.
- The preparation of meeting agendas and the taking of minutes of Parish Council meetings.
- Keeping accurate financial records, banking, invoices, and payment of accounts.
- Setting the council's budget, liaising with auditors, preparing end of year accounts.
- Acting on decisions and resolutions taken at council meetings.
- Dealing with correspondence from Councillors, members of the public and external organisations.
- Maintaining and updating the council's policies, procedures and risk assessments.
Requirements: The successful applicant will have:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good IT skills.
- An understanding of basic accounting processes.
- An ability to understand and interpret local government law.
- Ability to work on their own.
- A relevant qualification (CiLCA) or the willingness to work towards achieving this.
- Knowledge of the area would also be an advantage.
Training will be offered as appropriate.
Working arrangements: The Clerk will be required to work from home, for which an allowance is paid, a computer, printer/scanner will be provided.
The council would require the successful candidate to work some set hours to cover meetings and the total hours will be 13 hours per week. The council holds 11 parish council meetings per year and there may be some committee meetings to attend.
Salary: Remuneration will be based on experience, but within the LC2 SCP 30 to 34, £14.22 to £15.99 per hour.
Closing Date for applications: 18th November 2018
Interview Date: Interviews will be held week commencing 26th November, times to be confirmed.
Application: The Job Description and Person Specification can be found on our website at: tupton-pc.gov.uk as well as information about the Parish Council including agendas and minutes of previous meetings.
To apply please send a current CV plus a letter of application giving full details of relevant experience, your suitability for the role and reasons for applying either by email to: email@example.com or by post to:
Tupton Parish Council
PO Box 779