Law & Good Practice of Local Council Meetings
The training will cover:
- Annual, ordinary and extraordinary meetings
- Voting procedures including 'secret' ballot and recorded votes
- Role and responsibilities of Chairman, the Proper Officer and elected Members
- Agendas, reports and minutes
- Public/ residents' questions
- Confidential business and exclusion of public and press
- Public access to information
- Recording, filming and broadcasting meetings
- The committee system, terms of reference and delegated powers
- Advisory groups and working parties
- Transparency and Members Codes
Trainer Alan Fairchild MBE, FILCM - Honorary Vice President of The Society of Local Council Clerks.
Time and Venue - 10.00 - 2.30pm DALC offices, Cromford Mills.
£75 per delegate (member rate) £175 per delegate (non-member rate)
All bookings by email are to be sent to Glen Ingham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you have the council's agreement when booking a place, and that you are also following your council's own procedures.
All booked places will be confirmed with your Clerk.
Please note that sessions will only be run if there are sufficient bookings (usually from at least six delegates). Joining instructions will be sent two weeks (or more) before the event, and your booking is made as soon as we receive it (unless you are informed otherwise). Please note our cancellation policy (below).
If you wish to cancel your booking please give at least one weeks notice to avoid your Council being charged in full. In the event of any emergency on the day please telephone the office.