Following the announcements yesterday, from 24 September, if you are running a village hall or community centre, this must close by 10pm, groups of no more than 6 are allowed, and those groups can't then mingle. Staff must also wear masks, as must customers, unless seated to eat or drink.
It was also announced that indoor organised sport for over 18s will no longer be exempt from the rule of 6 (other... Read More »
Posted: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 12:21 by Wendy Amis
On 18 September 2020, new regulations came into force making it a legal requirement for venues to log details of visitors, customers, and staff. Local council venues and buildings that allow public access or bookings must:
- Have a system in place to request and record contact details of their customers, visitors and staff
- Register for an official NHS QR code and display the official NHS QR poster from... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 09:29 by Wendy Amis
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) (England) (Amendment) (No. 4) Regulations 2020 were made on 13 September and came in to force on 14 September, at 12.01. They amend the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) (England) Regulations 2020 ("the Principal Regulations"), so that people may not participate in social gatherings, in any place, in groups of more than six,... Read More »
Posted: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 15:47 by Wendy Amis
NALC have published the agreed pay award for the sector for 2020/21.
Posted: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 16:41 by Wendy Amis
On 26 June, the government produced guidance for managing playgrounds and outdoor gyms. NALC will be engaging with the government on the impractical nature of much of this guidance and the financial implication for local councils.
RoSPA has provided NALC with additional information to complement government guidance:
The government has announced that in England children's playgrounds are allowed to open... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:34 by Wendy Amis
- Natural England has updated its Countryside code (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-countryside-code?utm_source=Members&utm_campaign=8b56984497-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_06_08_03_15_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_206970988f-8b56984497-347688857&mc_cid=8b56984497&mc_eid=469fb9162d)
- Keep Britain Tidy have created a range of anti-littering campaign resources including posters.... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:25 by Wendy Amis
The Arts Fund has announced new Respond and Reimagine Grants to help museums, galleries and cultural organisations respond to immediate challenges connected to the COVID-19 crisis, and offer support to adapt and reimagine ways of working for the future.
Posted: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:23 by Wendy Amis
Local council meetings
Following the government announcement of further easing of lockdown restrictions from 4 July, as at 26 June both NALC and SLCC strongly advise local councils to continue to meet remotely, without the need for face to face contact. The government rules still state that we should all work from home if we can.
Local councils have the powers to hold public meetings remotely by using... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 11:40 by Wendy Amis
The Government has announced that workers who were on Furlough Leave before the 10th June 2020, can return to work on a Part Time/Reduced hours basis from the 1st July.
- It is up to Employers to decide what hours should be worked, as long as they would fall within Employees normal hours of work.
- Staff will get paid 100% of their normal hourly rate of pay for the hours that they work.
- Employers will be... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:01 by Wendy Amis
NALC have updated the guidance on elections and co-options to provide guidance on the legal process as well as best practice advice.
Posted: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 15:25 by Wendy Amis