NALC have published the agreed pay award for the sector for 2020/21.
Posted: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 16:41 by Wendy Amis
On 26 June, the government produced guidance for managing playgrounds and outdoor gyms. NALC will be engaging with the government on the impractical nature of much of this guidance and the financial implication for local councils.
RoSPA has provided NALC with additional information to complement government guidance:
The government has announced that in England children's playgrounds are allowed to open... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:34 by Wendy Amis
- Natural England has updated its Countryside code (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-countryside-code?utm_source=Members&utm_campaign=8b56984497-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_06_08_03_15_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_206970988f-8b56984497-347688857&mc_cid=8b56984497&mc_eid=469fb9162d)
- Keep Britain Tidy have created a range of anti-littering campaign resources including posters.... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:25 by Wendy Amis
The Arts Fund has announced new Respond and Reimagine Grants to help museums, galleries and cultural organisations respond to immediate challenges connected to the COVID-19 crisis, and offer support to adapt and reimagine ways of working for the future.
Posted: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 12:23 by Wendy Amis
Local council meetings
Following the government announcement of further easing of lockdown restrictions from 4 July, as at 26 June both NALC and SLCC strongly advise local councils to continue to meet remotely, without the need for face to face contact. The government rules still state that we should all work from home if we can.
Local councils have the powers to hold public meetings remotely by using... Read More »
Posted: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 11:40 by Wendy Amis
The Government has announced that workers who were on Furlough Leave before the 10th June 2020, can return to work on a Part Time/Reduced hours basis from the 1st July.
- It is up to Employers to decide what hours should be worked, as long as they would fall within Employees normal hours of work.
- Staff will get paid 100% of their normal hourly rate of pay for the hours that they work.
- Employers will be... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:01 by Wendy Amis
NALC have updated the guidance on elections and co-options to provide guidance on the legal process as well as best practice advice.
Posted: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 15:25 by Wendy Amis
Eighteen months after the Committee on Standards in Public Life reported to the Prime Minister on improving ethical standards in local government, the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) has been pleased to have worked with the Local Government Association (LGA) to take forward the recommendation to develop an updated national model code of conduct for all tiers of local government. This... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 17:23 by Wendy Amis
NALC have released their annual publication showcasing the good work done by local councils across the country. Possible inspiration for ideas and initiatives in your community ...
Posted: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 10:14 by Wendy Amis