This training session will help you and your council understand the requirements of data protection and your obligations set out in the General Data Protection regulations.
The Data Protection Act requires Councils to comply with a set of best practice standards, but how do you balance compliance against a pragmatic approach?
This workshop, led by the Peak District National Park Authority's Information Manager Michele Sarginson, explores the legislation and gives practical advice so that attendees can feel confident about complying with the Act and to responding to requests under this legislation.
Topics covered include:
- personal data and the rights of the individual
- data processor, data controller and data subject
- Council responsibilities and lawful basis for processing data
- GDPR principles
- appropriate security
- Subject Access Requests
- Dealing with Data Breaches
- Role of the ICO and penalties