For officers and councillors that want to understand how to comply with the requirements of the transparency code for and the Freedom of Information Act.
This session introduces the concepts of transparency and the publication of information, showing how it links to and overlaps audit requirements. Topics include:
• Transparency for councils under £25,000
• Audit exemption for councils under £25,000
• Publication schemes
• The public's rights
• The Annual Return
By the end of this session you will:
• Understand how to comply with transparency requirements
• Recognise the benefits of publishing information
• Be aware of relevant legislation and sources of guidance
• Be able to identify what your council should publish and when
Session leader: Steve Parkinson, The Parkinson Partnership LLP
Steve is a former Town Clerk and an accountant with over 30 years' experience in public and voluntary sector finance. He now specialises in delivering training and advice on VAT and finance matters for the local council sector.
This is an interactive session, you will need a device with a reasonable screen size such as a PC, laptop or tablet to be able to participate fully.
Your booking confirmation will contain a link to the online event. Please ensure that you log in at least 10 minutes before the session starts, make sure that your screen name includes your first and last names.