Formed by Parish Councils --- Run for Parish Councils --- Delivering to Parish Councils
The Derbyshire Association of Local Councils (DALC) is a not for profit membership organisation, representing, training and advising the parish (including town) councils of Derbyshire, who form the grass roots tier of local government in England.
We offer members a resource of vital, operational information and facilitate communication at all levels of the parish network - district, county, regional and national.
As a membership association we are unable to deal with queries from the public, but we are happy to make general information available through this website. Please do not contact us directly unless you are a member.
Posted: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 14:15 by Wendy Amis
Latest circular available now for download including information on:
- Spring Seminar
- Preparations for a no-deal Brexit and local elections
- Final local government finance settlement
- Parliamentary Inquiry into ethical standards in local government published
- HR Advice on Short Service Contracts and Dismissals
- Open letter to Councillors from NALC Chair
- Great British Spring Clean 2019
- Arnold-Baker on Local Council Administration 11th Edition
- Clerk Tips
Posted: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 16:34 by Wendy Amis
The agenda for DALC's Spring Seminar has now been finalised. Topics include cyber security, social media and the Community Organising movement. Venue - Willersley Castle.
Posted: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 10:15 by Wendy Amis
We would like to wish all our members a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
The DALC office will be closed as of the end of the day 19th December 2018 and will reopen on 7th January 2019. As usual, we will both be picking up emails over the period and acting on them as necessary.