RAAC in public buildings

With RAAC (reinforced autoclaved aerated concrete) in the news due to a number of school buildings closed following safety concerns over them containing this weak form of concrete, the Local Government Association (LGA) are recommending that parish and town councils with potentially affected property contact their principal authority, with a view to a place based approach to checking buildings.

We recommend that councils with potentially affected buildings contact their insurance company to understand any implications from their perspective. Plus, in the absence of any support from your principal authority, we would recommend you contacting a chartered Building Surveyor specialising in structural surveys to provide the Council with a report.


in News
Excellence Award winners announced!